Well, day 3 and I am still dragging myself out of bed and it is 10AM. Have to stop closing down the bar. Our planned excursion would take until mid afternoon and we planned to go to the beach as soon as the ship docked. We pack sun screen towels suits and head out. Our excursion was one of the planned ones since original boat excursion was cancelled
So what did the karma gods do? Dan bumps his arm when getting on his backpack and his latest medical issue of thin skin (no he really doesn't get his feeling hurt) and begins to bleed. Then we search for the bandaid and Kleenex Of course. Dan travels with both the kitchen and bathroom sinks in his back pack so it shouldn't be an issue... Of course it is. I know I packed bandaids but not sure if they are in my backpack or back on the ship. Now the entertainment I begin unloading the back pack, beach towels, bathing suit, sun screen, bug spray lip Baum. I unzip all the zippers and go though everything. Not a bandaids but the bleeding has finally stopped, for now.
Of course it will start again........ We decide since it is 2:30. We will skip the beach and hang out for the afternoon. A call from the desk asking about Dan's medical problem and stressing he report on how he is doing tomorrow
We are off to dinner at 1 of the specialty restaurants on board. The Italian cuisine. This is included in just your booking. Great food and menu choices and a really good Merlot at dinner. Finished in time to see the evening show and back to our favorite lounge and just like cheers everyone knows you name and says hello when you walk in. Dan's cognac arrives and my Diet Coke. No need to give a room number seems the waitress remembers. Good news is we have an early night 11:30pm. This is day 3 for Dan!
Now the Karma is getting ready for tomorrow I unload all the stuff from the backpack and my ID and wallet are not there. My thoughts maybe I am tired and will look more carefully in the morning. Does this sound like Italy when I had Dan at my mercy with no credit cards and very little cash? I'm sure it will surface in the morning.
Weeks spent researching the perfect Carribean Vacation Cruise on the best cruise line with lots of ports and no sea days. Mission accomplished, plans made all to be destroyed by the 2017 Hurricane Season. To go or not to go? We are off to the Carribean to aid the relief effort by spending vacation dollars. Some one has to help the local economy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Grenada. An added stop
Grenada was an add on stop since since 2 of the planned stops were cancelled. Grenada, yes there was a war there in 1983 and it seems presid...
No comments:
Post a Comment